- American Board of Orthopaedic Surgery
- American Association of Hip and Knee Surgeons
- The Society for Arthritic Joint Surgery
- Fellow of the American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons
Craig R. Mahoney, M.D.
Dr. Craig Mahoney is a board-certified orthopedic surgeon and Fellow of the American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons, specializing in arthroscopic and adult reconstructive surgery of the hip and knee. He is originally from Mason City, Iowa, and has been practicing for 16 years.
Prior to studying medicine, Dr. Mahoney studied engineering at Iowa State University. This background gives him a unique perspective when performing hip and knee surgeries.
Dr. Mahoney was motivated to enter the medical field, and specifically orthopedics, because he wanted to help people—especially those who have pain with activity. He enjoys providing medical care to patients on a daily basis and credits his team in providing an exceptional and engaging experience to those who journey through his clinic.
Dr. Mahoney has been designated as one of the Castle Connolly Top Doctors in Orthopaedic Surgery. The selection process includes peer nomination, extensive research and screening from Castle Connolly’s doctor-directed research team.
In his free time, Dr. Mahoney enjoys staying active by biking, as well as watching and playing sports. He is an avid Iowa State Cyclone and Minnesota Vikings fan.
Hospital for Special Surgery; New York, NY
Creighton/University of Nebraska Health Foundation; Omaha, NE
The University of Iowa Carver College of Medicine; Iowa City, IA
Iowa State University; Ames, IA
- Hip and knee replacement
- Hip and knee arthritis
- Hip and knee pain
- Middle-aged adult sports-related injuries
- Meniscus tears
- Stem cell treatment
- Regenerative orthopedics
- Work-related injuries
- Physician Assistant: Casey J. Howe, PA-C
- Triage Nurse: Kirby W, RN 515-323-6499
- Surgery Scheduler: Paige C, RN 515-318-5202
- Work Comp/Attorney Services Coordinator: Kelli K, 515-323-6408