- American Board of Orthopaedic Surgery, Subspecialty Certification in Orthopaedic Sports Medicine
Stephen A. Ash, M.D.
Dr. Stephen Ash is a board-certified orthopedic surgeon specializing in sports medicine. He is from DeWitt, Iowa, and has been practicing since 1999.
Dr. Ash’s practice focuses on the non-operative and surgical treatment of professional, amateur and recreational athletes of all ages, sports and activities. His goal is to help athletes return to activity as quickly and safely as possible. Many successful athletes utilize his care including athletes from the Drake University Bulldogs, the Iowa Wild and several Des Moines’ area high school athletes. He has written several medical publications and holds membership in multiple medical societies.
San Diego Arthroscopy and Sports Medicine;
San Diego, CA
University of Chicago; Chicago, IL
University of Illinois at Chicago; Chicago, IL
The University of Iowa Carver College of Medicine; Iowa City, IA
The University of Iowa; Iowa City, IA
- Sports medicine
- Acute sports-related injuries
- Achilles tendon repair
- Knee and shoulder pain
- Work injuries
- Triage Nurse: Miranda J, RN 515-323-6443
- Surgery Scheduler: Cheri H, RN 515-699-8337
- Work Comp Coordinator: Mindy B, 515-323-6450
- Attorney Services Coordinator: Stephanie N, 515-323-6427