Iowa Ortho wants to help you recover as safely and quickly as possible following your surgery or procedure. Please follow the general instructions below for rest and recovery.
Please note: depending on your surgery or procedure, your doctor will provide more detailed post-op and post-procedure instructions.
- Take your medications as prescribed.
- Do not operate a vehicle until you have received permission from your physician at a post-op appointment or have spoken to your physician’s nurse.
- Get plenty of rest.
- Follow all therapy instructions you are given.
- Drink plenty of fluids and eat properly.
- Monitor your incision(s). If you notice a change (hot, itchy, discoloration), please contact our office immediately. These may be signs of infection.
- Monitor your general well-being such as body temperature, heart rate, nausea, worsening pain, etc. If you experience any warning signs or are running a temperature of 101 degrees or higher, please contact our office immediately.
- Remember to schedule and attend your follow up appointments. Follow up appointments are essential to recovering successfully.
If you are experiencing a life threatening emergency following your surgery or procedure, please go directly to the ER.